Mohawk Industries, parent company of such familiar flooring products as Mohawk, Marazzi, Pergo, and daltile, released their 2016 Sustainability Report in late April this year. The report captures the company’s efforts to remain sustainable in its production methods and technologies.
In 2016, process improvements, product re-engineering, and equipment upgrades positively impacted Mohawk’s productivity by $140 million. The report captures the progress Mohawk has made in corporate responsibility and sustainability.
Here are some of the company’s other achievements:
- recycle 7.1 billion pounds of material per year;
- reduced water use 277 million gallons since 2015;
- reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) intensity by 12.8 percent; reduced energy intensity by 1.9 percent; and, water intensity by 35 percent since 2010;
- recycle 5.4 billion plastic bottles annually; and,
- recycle 25 million pounds of tires into doormats (hence our catchy title, nifty).
Mohawk’s product portfolio features more than 450 tile products with pre- and postconsumer recycled material.
Read more online in Recycling Today here.
Have a story you’d like us to feature? Let us know!